Welcome to the Loop
Central business district
The Loop is the heart of Chicago's business and financial life. But it's also a lively and convenient place to call home for many urban dwellers, who prefer a short commute to work and high-rise living that is chock-full of on-site amenities and luxuries. Whatever level of amenities you prefer, you will be able to find what you're looking for among the hundreds of newer or older residential high-rises in the Loop. You don't even need to decide whether you'd prefer city or lake views - you can have it all!
Public transportation is easy: most train lines loop around the Loop (hence its name): Red, Brown, Blue, Green, Yellow, Purple, and Pink. There are also many buses, which terminate their routes in the Loop.
Perfect for those who want a short commute to work in downtown Chicago, while living a full-amenity luxurious high-rise lifestyle.
The Loop is located west of the New East Side, north of Printer's Row and the South Loop, and east and south of the winding Chicago River.
Types of residential housing:
The Loop is serviced by the most CTA trains and many buses. You can also hop in the car and take Lake Shore Drive or the highway anywhere you need to go.
Close by to...
- Grant Park with Buckingham Fountain and Millennium Park, home to many summer festivals, including the Blues Fest, Jazz Fest, Lollapalooza, and the Taste of Chicago
- Excellent shopping on the Michigan Avenue's Magnificent Mile to the north
- Vibrant Printer's Row with its many dining and boutique shopping options to the south
- Up and coming South Loop to the south
- One of Chicago's newest hotspots for dining, the West Loop, to the west